Sunday, October 20, 2013

Sweet Sunday: Philippians 3:13-14

Happy sweet Sunday! Today has been a day full of church, pumpkin picking and judging practice! Life on a judging team - it never ends! A couple days ago I stumbled upon this verse and found it entirely too fitting for the next 28 days we have left as collegiate livestock judgers. (I told y'all my blog would be filled with judging this fall - didn't I?)

Today's verse comes from Philippians. I know - Philippians again, don't hold it against me!

"Brothers, take hold of this one thing: forget what is behind and strain towards what is ahead. Press on toward the goal to win the prize, which God has called you."   -Philippians 3:13-14

There are things in our lives that are overwhelming. For myself and my team, it's livestock judging, in the fall when we are oh so close to clenching a national championship (go team!). But, then God sends us reminders that there are things greater than the present. Taken literally it's pushing harder and working longer to win the national title; taken as the bible puts it, we have a heaven and God waiting for us, loving us continually.

Only 28 days left following our passion, living the dream, and holding a team bond in our hearts. Time to soak it up, love what we have, and push onward.

May your voice be smooth, your pumpkins the biggest, and bible crisp this fine evening!

The boy and I at the pumpkin patch this morning! He wasn't nearly as excited to sort through hundreds of pumpkins as I was....must not be in the fall spirit yet....

No comments:

Post a Comment