Sunday, December 1, 2013

Sweet Sunday: Colossians 4:2

"Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it an attitude of thankfulness."
-Colossians 4:2

Well, it is the weekend after Thanksgiving, and boy, do I have a lot to be thankful for! All it takes is a weekend of family, friends, faith, and food to be absolutely overwhelmed by the Lord's goodness!

Yep, we had a whole crew at our house for Thanksgiving! Some of my college friends came home with me since they lived too far to drive home for the short break. (L to R) Good ole Pops, Garrett (the boyfriend, from Arizona), myself, Connor (the baby brother), Taylor (past Butler teammate, Colorado), Nick (TTU teammate, Indiana), and Bailey (my sweet roommate, from California). My mother missed out on the picture op since she was behind the camera! It's safe to say we probably had the most states represented at our dinner table!


This Sunday, as we all travel back to school, or resume "normal" life, and prepare for finals/year end, let's not forget to continuously keep God the center of our lives. It is oh-so-easy to get caught up in studying, missing family, and thinking about what is next, that we end the week of giving thanks, proceeding onward without thought of all the Lord has blessed us with. [P.S. Don't get me wrong...this is partially a lecture to myself!]

We got the pleasure of celebrating Bailey's birthday over the break!

This week may your days be blessed, your finals everything you studied for (a girl can hope right?), and your road trips safe safe safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment